Monday, March 15, 2010

ADVENTURE!!! and, Help me Name a Painting!

The pixies were off today, so the teenager and I walked all over town on adventure! He applied for a job, we had breakfast where my mom waitresses (and talked to all SORTS of strangers! It's a wee little restaurant, and everyone knows everyone, it seems!)

I got paid for some consignment items, and we found a NEW FANTASTIC book store (which led to some convo about me helping them out a bit - more on that next week!) And we popped into a pile of different places I've developed networking relationships with.

Between each place, I explained to my son about networking in a small town, and how it's a good thing to talk and keep your face "out there."

In other news, I've taken photos of the pieces I'm entering into the Juried Art Show. The prizes are nominal (and there are artists in this town who make me look like a kindergarten finger painter) but, again, it's a great place to meet like-minded people and be social. A commission or two from it wouldn't hurt either.

Spring has SPRUNG! It was a gorgeous day for walking, and it was really nice to hang out with the teenager (even though he was completely bribed with a burger and fries. hehe.)

These are the pieces I'm going to enter:


Acrylic on Denim, sewn into a pillow. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly" $60

Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped canvas. "A Duel!" $200 16 x 16"




Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas. "Cameo" $200 16 x 16"


This is the one I need help naming. It's 30 x 30". What do you think of this celtic design?? What would you call it???

1 comment:

Deedra said...

Intricacy! That's what I'd name it!