Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In An Effort to Make More Money on Crafts Than I Spend (is it possible?)

So, last night SOMEHOW I ended up on some blogs where some lovely ladies were making CARDS using stamps and ink and sparkles and all sorts of yummy goodness. My brain almost exploded with the possibilities, and the desire to create. And the momentary impulse to buy an entire kit just to learn how to do it...

This is NOT the month to start a brand new craft, and folks, I have a wall-o-craft that has enough goodies in it to make many many projects...ALSO, after a before-bed budget scribble for December, It is clear that I need to MAKE more money then I spend this month, in order to pay off the dentist AND have a few gifties under the tree.

So, I started messing around with what I've already got on hand today. And on hand means more like "piled up and stashed." The dresser is full. The boxes are overflowing. There are a tonne of wood projects ready to be finished. And just look at my poor nekkid mannequin... You'd think I could take a moment to sew up an apron or something....
But, I knew I had a handful of plain green cards and envelopes. Got out the stampers, some decorative paper from last year, cheapie ribbon, pencil crayons, and designed a few (all the while singing VERY loudly all by myself in the kitchen.) I'm pretty pleased with the results, for a first go, and a bit of time floating around blogs and youtube looking at tutorials... however....




The incredible mess I made going through my stuff, fiddling and finding new stuff, will probably take an hour to clean up.... I wish I had a ROOM so I could just leave this stuff until I'm finished with a project. Alas, dinner demands the dinner table!

2 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

oooh what cute cards! I enjoy making cards as well. I wish you good sales! =D

Lori-Grace said...

Thank you! I found a little Wiccan-owned shop who are taking my cards on consignment :)