Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Purging the Cluttered House is Healing




Get a kick at me leaning over sideways (in the mirrors reflection) to take a sideways pic... yeah, that's exactly how I play Nintendo, too... with the controller all over the place.. because you ALL know it helps Mario jump and run faster... and yes.. I totally said Ninteno.. SUPER Nintendo, that is..

If you need a dresser, this one has to go... I've loved it a long long time, but I need to make room for a standing wardrobe. It would look super "chic" if painted white!

I've been in the basement for four hours today. My body is exhausted. There are 5 garbage bags of toys to go to the Thrift Store (all perfectly good, but completely unplayed with and grown out of for a LONG time.) Plus, three bags that are just GARBAGE. I've been making a list of all the stuff that just HAS TO go to the dump. Broken unsalvagable toys, old old furniture that was probably salvaged in the first place... It will feel so good to have the basement back for the kids to use as a play room again!!

This has taken some will power. I'm the sort of person who has to TOUCH and CONSIDER every dang thing before letting it go. (it's been a problem in the past!) But I've made great head way today. And the basement looks so much better already. The fact that the good stuff is going to go to a thrift shop and be enjoyed by other little kids, or to help a family who needs it, makes it much much easier.

***************

If you are local, I've got daytime tarot bookings available - for one or a few! For those of you who are long distance, and looking for the FREE tarot reading offer, please see the blog below...

Have a blessed wonderful day! Find some bliss - It's all around us :)

No comments: