Sunday, August 31, 2008

Black and White and Shades of Gray


Not last night but the night before, there was a skunk in the yard. I left garbage on the back step and forgot about them, and he did his best to break in. We were under the gazebo listening to him, and in a giggling fit, I ran into the house, grabbed the cam, and opened up the back door window. The flash scared him away, but I was full of nervous laughter. Thinking about how SCREWED I'd be if I got sprayed, or if he sprayed the back door. Hahaha..

Good times.

I'm SO close to finishing the first miniature doll house furniture set, it's painful. They've been assembled, paper mached, painted. I'm waiting for the paint to dry before I inspect them to make sure they are ready for varnishing. The box with the skull is going to be their gift/storage box. I was thinking of putting something across the top. "my mini goth" or "my creepy dollhouse" or maybe I'll wait and who ever buys it can give me the name of the intended recipient, or their doll's name. This set has been a total LABOUR of love! SO much time to assemble and actually get the paper mache around all the little corners. I have no idea what I should price for it. Any ideas??? I'm not sure what scale they are exactly... 1/24 scale, I'm pretty sure. The bed is 3 3/4" from headboard to foot board. The dining table is 1 and 3/4" tall

My fingers are cramped up from all the miniature work!! Oh, and mowing the lawn :)

Lori

No comments: