Monday, August 2, 2010

Make Crafts, Earn Cash, Have it All. I Love this Book.

I've had my Crafty Superstar: Make Crafts on the Side, Earn Extra Cash, and Basically Have It All
by Grace Dobush, for a few weeks now. I adore it. I adore the way it feels and looks, and ofcourse how all the info is all condensed and easy to read and follow. My crafting business has been booming, and I wanted to break into new territory with it. This book has great ideas and advice about shows, getting in shops on consignment, wholesaling, etc. Really fab resource.

I was crusing all the links she's got to other crafters blogs in the back of the book, and was admiring some of their websites. The more I looked, the more I thought "Jeepers, I really should do this."

I've had this blog floating around on it's own, and my etsy store floating around seperately, and market info floating around, and the throught of tying them all nicely together felt right. So, if you go to my two little websites, you'll see what I did. I used a free site (because I am technologically disinclined, and this site was drag and drop. Seriously.)


Little Scotia

I'm pretty happy with it. And I love that I can sell stuff right from the page, using PayPal. Makes me do some happy dancing. Woot!

Today, I'm going to get started on a new babushka doll pattern, and I desperately have to make some critters and monkeys. Yesterdays' market just about cleaned me out!!! Lots of toys found new homes yesterday :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: