Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Place Has Become an Orphanage. (and, there's room for more.)

Last night, while snuggled in with my sweetheart, and watching some Doctor Who (We're catching up on episodes... we both stopped watching when we started dating each other, figuring the other wouldn't want to STOP EVERYTHING on Friday nights to catch it. Funny that we've been together for over a year, and didn't figure out we're both fans until about two weeks ago!)

Anyway, parenthesis segue or what??? Let me start again...

Last night, while snuggled in with my sweetheart, and watching some Doctor Who, I gathered my adopted and rescued Cabbage Patch Kids around, and sewed up all thier loose and missing stitching. I don't know why I put it off for so long, because it took no time at all.

These babies are intended as models for the clothing and diapers I make and sell on my etsy store, but now spend most of their time on the couch, as my daughters adore them.

It feels incredibly empowering to allow my artistic side JUST DO, when I used to fret over "the right way" or "professional" way to do something, and then never get anything done.

From left to right:
EmmaLee Giovanna. She has a birth certificate, but needs some cleaning, and possible repainting of her eyes. Then, she might be up for adoption.
Yvette Alora. Needed many stitches, and I have to figure out what to do with her gorgeous cornsilk hair.
Alex Ander. I loveses him.
Cecilia Amelia. She was a gift from my girlfriend for my birthday, My littlest daughter drags her around the house everywhere.

Oh yes, and "Dear Ebay. Stop tempting me with the promise of more friends for these darlings." and... "Dear Thrift Store and garage sales. You may tempt me any time."

No comments: