Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Nearly Been a Year, HOLY COW, it's working!

I realized this weekend, that I now officially make MORE from my businesses, working part time, as I would working FULL TIME outside of the house and paying for daycare. For April, Watkins made 90% of that income. I can't believe it.

I've worked incredibly hard over the year. Actually, it will be a year I've been a Watkins associate at the end of June. In April I made manager. Still, little ol' me DID IT. I went from taking a leap of faith a year ago, (and a prayer and only believing I COULD do it.) to earning a decent income. I wonder what next year will bring?

I started the year mostly selling, and didn't really start focusing on team building until December (although I had a few friends who had joined me before.) and now that it's a habit that I spend about 2 hours a day on, it's rapidly growing. It feels a little like winning the lotto. In my head I think "Holy cow, it's working!!!"

This weekend was the first Farmers Market, and it went well. Although I'm not allowed to just present Watkins, I do always bring some popular product. Petro Carbo Salve, Medicated Ointment, plus the bug lotions and sprays, and the Sun Block. I felt a little unready, but made the best of it, and ended up doing VERY well!

Next weekend, I'll actually REMEMBER to take the camera with me, get some photos, and show you my new "market shoes"...

This was an awesome long weekend. But, I think I'm a wee bit sun-drunk.

No comments: