Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Where's that Confounded Maid?


Today I got "lost" walking to a girlfriends house. Seriously. Embarrasing. In a I'm-giggling-with-you sort of way. I've only ever been the passenger dropped of at her place, and having a horrible sense of direction, I walked the wrong cresent trying to find her. (To be fair, her road and the wrong road I walked before accidentally spotting her yard start with the same dang name, so, I MUST get some credit for that!) Still, it was a typical Lori-moment. Damn good thing I have a good sense of humour.

This week for Farmers Market: Maple Cookie Biscotti, Fudge Cookie Biscotti, Almond Biscotti, and hopefully Oreo Biscotti. As well as making banana bread this week, I'm doing a carrot cake, too. all in the name of selling Watkins , which is going pretty well!

Needless to say, Fridays are frantic in my kitchen. Breads and cakes need to be done at the last minute. Because they have no preservatives, they're won't keep forever.

I've got a tonne of Scrabble tile pendants finished the last few days, and gifted my girlfriends with some pendants (personalized by choosing just the right image, and the scrabble tile for their first initial.) Giving gifties is fun :) I'm going to need more displays now, though. Then again, they are such fast and easy sellers at the market, I might not need all THAT much more display!

I've been keeping too busy for myself, which has always been my way. There seems to be no time to list anything on Vintage Witch , despite having a bag or two of vintage goodies. Shoes, slips, earrings... gah! Oh well, come September, there will be no more baking to be done, and more time for taking pics and listing stuff. Maybe there'll even be time to fold all that dang laundry in my room.

Besides, the maid never shows up, so I guess I'll eventually HAVE to do it myself.

No comments: