Friday, October 24, 2008

Well I'm Going To Marry Mari for When Mari's Takin' Care o' Me


We'll all be feelin merry when I marry Mari-Mac!

This song has been stuck in my head while I've been working on these dolls. In white, with the blue eyes and the blonde hair, is Mari-Mac. I have lace to add to her drawers yet, and some lace for her cuffs, collar and hem. She's also getting an apron, and I'm aiming to be finished by tomorrow (if I can find the right lace... I've been digging through my treasures and haven't found the RIGHT one yet...



And then we have the doll in yellow paisley, who's name is Heather. ( Up among the heather in the hills of Benifee!) She's got a gorgeous messy bun and brown eyes. Her little secret is her red knickers underneath! (Because it's in the heather in Benifee that the boys and the girls are makin out so free!) I'm I finished her dress trim today (a vintage lace) but I've not found the RIGHT trim for her saucey knickers. She's also got to have an apron made, too. Again, aiming for tomorrow to complete.

And until they're done, this celtic tune will be swirling around in my brain while I finish all the hand sewing.

No comments: