Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Spooky Little Girl Like YOU.



Haha! Look what I garbage picked last week! It was up the street, just put out at the end of the road. It was like 9 at night, and we came outside to hit the A&W, and even from the distance and with the dark I KNEW what it was.... It had some odds and ends in it (this is approx 1:24 scale) that might actually be salvageable, too.

The carpets are bleck, and the wall coverings are totally coming off... and I'm very curious about the BARRED windows in the right-most bedroom (hehe.) but the main structure is PERFECT. I'm going to strip this sucker down, repaint the exterior, and make it BEEEEAUTIFUL.

And ringing in my ears is my girlfriend Mag saying to me some years ago... "you can garbage pick, just not from your own neighbourhood!" hahahahhaha....OH WELL... I'm creepy that way.

The top section is going to be a patio.

I'll even let the girls play with it. :)



I also finally finished my Creepy Doll House furniture set. It took SOOOO long. Paper mache drying, paint drying, paint touch ups, paint details, and then 2 days of varnishing... but..

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I am SO happy with how it turned out. It's listed right now at etsy.

I'm not sure if I'll have the stamina or attention span to do another! (and what a mess I made of the kitchen while these where being put together. ) It really was the paper macheing that drove me a little bonkers... all the little corners and crevaces to cover up. HOURS.

Go see go see!!!

L

No comments: