Monday, February 11, 2013

Day One Juice Plus Challenge

Day 1
Breakfast:
*One Black tea (with honey and a dollop of milk. I have something warm to drink in the morning to get my guts moving! lol
*Juice Plus Smoothie 1 cup Almond milk + 1/4 cup water + 27g (scoop to the line.) chocolate Juice Plus Complete.



Mid morning snack:
*A med sized home made 'breakfast' muffin. (made with 1/2 brown flour, carrots, apples, spices.) if you were to see it fully baked in the muffin tin, it doesn't flop over the side of the muffin cup.
*One capsule each of Orchard Blend and Garden Blend, taken with a measured cup of water.

Lunch:
*Juice Plus Smoothie 1 cup Almond milk + 1/4 cup water + 27g (scoop to the line.) chocolate Juice Plus Complete. (yes, I know. Not very creative of me. I need to get some groceries to mix it up.)

Mid afternoon snack:
*One large Tim Hortons Tea (yes,it had sugar in it.)
*15 rice crackers dipped in hummus

Dinner:
*One Vegetarian hamburger patty (no bread or condiments. Just didn't feel like it.)
*6 cheese tortillini pieces with home made white cheese sauce. Bit of spinach on them.
*Green Peas (about 1/4 cup?)
*One capsule each of Orchard Blend and Garden Blend, taken with a measured cup of water.

So, today was left over day for dinner. And looking back on my choices, although I'm happy they were healthy choices, I can see that I need to get some fruit, to find some better balance with this. I also am going to have to find/create some smoothy recipes so that my smoothies have more calories. 
Oh, also I should mention that I am mostly a vegetarian. Ha, I know it's a funny thing to say. I eat meat once every 2 weeks or so. So, for my body size and weight, and age, I only need about 27g of protein a day. I normally get this with legumes. (hummus, nuts, also eggs.)

I felt hungry today before my mid morning snack, because I had put it off. I would normally snack around 10:30, and it was 11:30 when my stomach went HAY HAY HAY!! 

One of my rules is to never let myself get to that level of hungry. I normally graze all day long, which has improved my metabolism and digestion immensely. So, that is a lesson learned. Don't forget to eat.

I cannot find a measuring tape to measure my waist! This is annoying.
I also do not own a scale to check my weight. I will do this the first chance I get... 


 

No comments: