Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kits, Universe, and the Unopened Pharmacy.

Giselle had her kits sometime in the wee hours between the 28thand 29th (Tues night/Wed morning.) leap year rabbits! They are squirmy little so-and-so's, and I think there are at least 5, possibly 6. I didn't want to handle them too much, didn't want them to lose the nice heat they had all built up in there under all the fur Giselle had pulled from her belly (Good lord, there was so much!)

She did such a good job of nesting, that I'm hoping she'll do just as good a job with mothering. I dabbed vanilla on her nose anyway, after touching the babies. (It's said to block the sent of my having touched them.) However, from everything I've read, she's only going to nurse them once a day, it'll most likely be at night, they only do it for about 10min... and, by the time she gets around to it, they'll have been covered with the scent of nest again.

Squee! This is the good thing.

Today I was supposed to have a liquidation sale at the studio. It is snowing like stupid out there, and I have no snow tires. So, I've cancelled it till Saturday. Moving EVERYTHING out of there over Saturday and Sunday is going to be a task. Anything I don't sell is going to have to go to the Sally Ann, as we just don't have the room to store it. And I wont' be able to work on anything here anyway. Hundreds of Dollars in art supplies, materials... sigh. I just have to let it go.

Anyway, the task will be in getting it all moved in that time.


Last night my inhaler ran dry. I use that thing at least 2, sometimes 3 times a day. I'm pretty much home bound and on my ass until I can call the pharmacy and see if the doctors office called in a couple for me. I was going to walk down to the studio, just to continue packing up, try to get organized. But, without the inhaler, I'm staying put.


I'm very very very very curious about what the Universe has planned for me. I thought I was on the right track. My little studio was doing so well, and I have been doing what I really feel like I was supposed to be doing. I'm really trying to replace the sense of disappointment with a sense of curiosity and openness.

It's been a long long time since I've been in this place. In my head. In my body. In the world.

Pharmacy should be open soon...

L.

No comments: