Sunday, October 16, 2011

At Kings Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene

SO rainy and windy the last few days, it's a bit like living in a Stephen King novel.. you know, just BEFORE the monsters come out.

I went out with 2 girlfriends to a show at King Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene. "Abba Mania" with some performers doing Bee Gee's (oh yes, all of them full dress, tribute bands.) There was a peculiar man doing spot-on voice impersonations of TOO many famous people to recall, even. It was silly fun, and it was really nice to have a night out.

One of the Abba Mania performers is from Midland/Penetanguishene (Monica Teitz) and when I did a little research, it seems that she does quite a bit of work in things like this - other tribute bands, (I'm guessing with the same entertainment company. Nice gig!)

So, the ladies had choreography down for each song, and I found it SO distracting, in a giggly way. Can you imagine that being your job, for years and years and years - knowing those routines and steps and lyrics by instinct?

I forgot my camera. Which is too bad, because the Bee Gee performers were all yummy. (*giggle-snort*) but I don't want to know what they have to do to hit those notes. (What happens at Kings Wharf Theatre STAYS at Kings Wharf Theatre?? lol.)




Yesterday I had a tarot house party. This group of ladies always make me feel so welcome and comfortable. They invited me last year around this time, too. It made me remember why I love doing house parties, especially when the people attending know each other well enough to sit in on each others readings. The time flew by, and somehow I stayed on 'schedule' (half hour for each querent.) Without having to watch the time or set the alarm on my phone.


Today is going to be relaxed and stress free. I love Sundays.

L.

No comments: