Friday, January 7, 2011

Books for Winter


I'm in Love with Winter this year. I don't recall any other year I've loved it this much, except maybe that one when I was 15, falling into snowbanks and watching the night sky. I digress. (It's sort of what I do.)

Last year, winter was easy. Love was focused sharp and intent on my sweetheart. Learning every little thing - the curve of his face and the way his hands move and the things that bring out that silent smile.

This year, Love emanates from this core. The centre we've become. So, I suppose that must touch Winter, also.

Today, on a friends Facebook status, one of her friends posted:

How do you know they are the one? Because with them you feel empowered to be the person you always thought you were inside. Your spirit will be free.



And this touched me as a personal truth. And in being free, I'm just in love with every-little-thing. Thankful for every little thing. Right down to having warm clothing for my children (even if we aren't fashion magazine material when we walk to school, we're all very very warm.) Right down to all those things that some so easily take for granted. I put laundry in my old machines, and I'm thankful I can wash clothing at the house.

I shovelled the driveway this morning and thought about how thankful I am that I have the physical ability to do so.

I intended to come here to simply report what I've been reading lately. Posting the pic of my latest embroidery took me elsewhere.

What I'm reading:
  • Another Roadside Attraction - Tom Robbins
  • Top Performance - Zig Ziglar
  • Different Seasons - Stephen King
  • Now Write! - Sherry Ellis
  • Gone with the Nerd - Vicki Lewis Thompson (a gift from my sweetie. ehhe.)
  • The Everything Creative Writing Book - Wendy Burt-Thomas
  • Flight Plan - The Real Secret To Success - Brian Tracy
  • Book of Dreams - Sylvia Brown
Another reason to love winter. It affords me the ability to read. These are the books in the last 10 days or so that have been following me around. In my backpack downtown, in the library, in the bath, on the couch, tucked in bed. There are a few other ones that are up on the shelf beside my bed that I turn to, but these are the current in -my-face ones. Crafty books and instructional sort of things.

Now I've an inability to wrap this one up prettily. Because Roxy Music is on the turn table, and all I want to do is curl up with a book.

Life is Good.

No comments: