Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Appreciation for MINIATURISTS


So, this morning, after dropping the kids off at school, I got out my books and Sculpy and was determined to begin some miniatures.

Now, I've been making dolls (soft and beaded) and furniture, but I wanted to make some clay dishes and food.

I have a WHOLE NEW appreciation for those of you who do this, and do this well. After 6 hours, I produced only a handful (literally) of baked bits, that still needed to be glazed and painted. They are rough, to be sure...

3pm brought FRUSTRATION. I think I've forgotten how to go-slow, and LEARN. I get so wrapped up in "hourly earnings" and "production."

I put some half finished mini dolls on my etsy. Tomorrow I'll probably list the plates. (1:12 scale.)

How long have you miniaturists been at it, and how in the world did you find the patience to complete these teeny tiny projects???

No comments: