Monday, December 29, 2008

Cloth Diapers For the Doll That Wets.


For Christmas my girls EACH got a Baby Alive that WETS. For Real.


The DISPOSABLE diapers for these cost about $8 or $9 for six diapers. Not that I would ever purchase them anyway. My daughters didn't wear them, neither will their dolls.


I don't want to deny them any play time with their new dolls, so I've sewn together some cloth diapers that will hold the water. About 14 layers of diaper flannel between the dolls and the furniture. The flannel is soft and washable (although if it's only water being soaked up,they'll only need to be air dried.)


After fartin' around with the pattern for a bit, I've got something that works. Ofcourse, I'm now making them for my etsy store. A set of 2 will let your daughters play with thier dollies and learn a good lesson about disposable diapers, money, and patience.


If you are interested in getting a few for your little ones, see my etsy store!


No comments: