Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Seed List, Part 2

In addition to the seeds that are coming from The Cottage Gardener, These are the seeds I have left over from last year. There aren't very many in each packet:

  • Scotia Tomato
  • Dwarf Blue Curled Scotch Kale
  • Little Finger Carrot (I'm not sure what I'll do with these this year. Last year they didn't produce, mainly because it wasn't wet enough, for long enough for them. I've tried these in containers, with very little success. The first year I did them, they were awesome....)
  • A few Spaghetti Winter Squash and Delicata Winter Squash
  • Quadrato D'asti giallo Pepper (sweet pepper.)
  • Dwarf Gray Sugar Pea
  • Bulls Blood Beet
  • Lots of Mesclun Mix and Lettuce for the Tower Garden 
I also seem to have

Midnight Madness Petunia

  • some Morning Glory seeds saved from my own garden (although I'm not sure what kind they are colour wise...) 
  • And I have some seeds that I've marked as "Midnight Madness Petunia".. they were purple, but they are from 2 years ago, and I'm not sure they will germinate. I have TONNES of them though, so I'll do a test on them soon. 
  • Some miniature sunflower seeds. I seem to recall I was gifted them either in a swap or for exchange from some tomato seedlings one year. I cannot recall...
  • an Envelope marked "2010 - Columbine" - I'm sure this is from Heather
  • Goats Rue (I could never get this going)
  • Chimney Bellflower (also could never get this going)
  • Common Foxglove (also... never got it going...)
  • German Speedwell (this I'm sure is the jerk that overtook my strawberry patch and choked it out. Jerk.)
  • Strawberry Foxglove (never saw one..)
  • Wood Betony
  • "Wildflower mix"
  • JUMBO morning glories
So, the deal with the flowers is... I grow Veggies. I have wonderful success with food. Flowers.. well, I guess I just don't give them the attention they deserve. I haven't bothered with any flower, aside from Morning Glories, in about 3 years. Maybe 4.

This year, I'm attempting flowers at the Beautiful Man's place. The plan is to germinate inside (instead of direct sowing) and hopefully have more luck... Not sure how many of those flowers will grow, as some of the seed is quite old. 

Anyway. I gotta go wash towels...

No comments: