Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bonsai!!!

So, I'm waiting for my seeds to come in. My Tower Garden is doing well, and we've been eating greens off of it regularly.

Today, though, I somehow slipped on the internet and ended up in Bonsai land. And now ofcourse, I'm envisioning things like THIS in my home:



Ofcourse, THAT tree is probably 5 years old. Or maybe 50. I don't know. Dammit, Jim, I'm a veggie grower, not an arbourist!

Anyway, I remembered that I've had a little bonsai kit on the bookshelf (came with a book, a teeny tiny pot, but the shears were missing. And there's no seeds, or planty dirt.) so I took the book off the shelf.

They've got little bonsai pots at the Thrift Store all the time. I bought some appropriate soil stuff. Now, to find seeds. I guess it all depends on what sort of little trees I want for my fairy bonsai homes.

I must consult the Oracle (aka Google) and figure that bit out....

L.

No comments: