Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Let Go and Let Goddess.

So. I talked to a mortgage broker. Long story short, it looks like it'll be two more years in this house. And so, I have started making some changes. This house that I have been in for nearly 9 years (In October.), and have never felt permanent or settled in.

Namely, giving up the master bedroom to the pixies, in an effort to carve out some space that will allow them to have at least a small space that is for each of them only. I've moved a TONNE of stuff this morning , and I am having a cheese and cracker break until my amazing friend Rhonda comes over to help me move the bunk beds. Because although I've moved every thing else on my own (the mattresses, dressers, book shelves, clothes clothes clothes... why do we have so many articles of clothing???) I cannot physically remove the top bunk from the bottom on my own.

I had wanted to put each bed separately in the master bedroom, but it is also just not big enough for that. So, in shuffling things around this morning, I think I have figured out how to divide the room, but leave them in their bunks.

I really thought I would have a tonne of things to move... but really, my biggest bedroom hoarding vice is .. (wait for it....I know you want it to be something kinky.)

...Clothing. I have lazy clothes and jammy clothes, and enough socks and undies to fill two drawers. (dresser drawers, that is. My drawers aren't nearly big enough to fill with all that I have. ha!) I have summer dresses and fall dresses and hangers filled with skirts and dress pants. Then there's the jeans. There's the big-girl jeans, just incase I need them in winter. There's the REALLY Little-Lori jeans... you know, for the one day of the month that I fit into THEM. There are gardening jeans and dressy jeans. And Shirts. Dear Goddess, blouses and dress tops and T shirts and flowy gypsy shirts. Work clothes. Play clothes. Casual clothes.

And ofcourse, there's all the ridiculous vintage clothing that I feel I must keep because even though I may only wear one item at Hallowe'en, I LOVE them.

Oh, and for some reason I feel the need to hoard linens. All the great 70's stuff that is all made for a double bed (I have a queen.) that SOMEDAY I'm going to make SOMETHING out of.

I must go through ALL of this stuff. And make some decisions.

Because I'm relocating to the pixies old room. Which is 8' x 12'.

This all will work out. All of it. I have faith. I have asked that the Universe be sure that I am on my RIGHT path, that I am on target and on time. Two years seems a long time to wait to get the pixies into their own space, a long time to get me into a home where I can paint and feel permanent. But if that's the time for the target, then so be it.

I have let go, and am letting God. And Goddess. She's loud and generally has more to say about these things with me. ;)

L.




No comments: