Saturday, September 10, 2011

What is the Opposite of "Abundance"???




What I am not interested in is being HUNGRY all the time.

Today is the first day of my weight loss challenge. (Do you know how weird that is for me to say?)
This morning when my sweetheart picked up some of the information that came in my weight loss challenge kit, the first thing I said was. "oh, you're looking at my stuff..." and then "I'm embarrassed."

I had to stop and think about that for a bit. What is it that's embarrassing me?

Well, I'm used to NOT struggling with my weight. But, I haven't been as physically active in the last 7 months, and I DO love treats and heavy dinners the same as when I WAS active. So, having to admit I need some help feels a little embarrassing.

I think also because I'm not used to focusing on myself physically, this seems a little awkward. I'm used to pursuits of the MIND and pursuits of the HEART. It's taking me a little while to process the "your body is a temple." thing. If my body isn't functioning up to par, I won't be mentally alert enough for all of my "mind" pursuits.

So...

Back to the hungry thing.

This morning is the first day of my weight loss challenge. I have the details posted HERE. (in terms of my measurements , goals, and how I'm doing, etc.) I made an "orange cremesicle" shake for breakfast (because that's what I had in the house - although there's a coffee latte shake you can do, too, as well as a tonne of other shakes you can have - I just don't have the fruit in my house!) and I'm NOT hungry YET (It's 11:30 - almost lunch.) I can have snacks and stuff, but I have still to really read through the papers that came with my kit.

So far, though, no hunger pangs. This is good. Because I don't do well with ... what's the opposite of "indulgence." ?? or "abundance"???

Lori.

P.S. If you want to do this along with me, get the details HERE.

No comments: