Monday, July 12, 2010

An Alice of My Own



This is my Alice!

I found the doll at the Thrift Store, mostly clean and completely naked. After a bit of research, I found out she was a "Hot Looks" doll by Mattel , and put her with the rest of my crafty storage.

After watching the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie, I knew what I wanted to do with my found doll - create an Alice of my own! It's taken me a month of thinking to figure out how I was going to do it.

Eyelet lace, some vintage cream lace, new blue ribbon, some random pieces of blue lining, and a cafe curtain. I had no pattern for a doll her size, but ad-libbed the pieces based on a different doll dress pattern, and made up the rest as I went.

The stuffed body is wired and posable, which is nice. She stands on her own, if she's got something to lean on.

I'm not sure I'll ad anything else. I'm going to let her stand next to the compute monitor for a few days, and see if she decides she needs anything. I like her shoeless. When Alice shrunk, she would have been too small for her shoes anyway.

What do you think?

I'll be offering her on Etsy, as soon as I'm sure she's finished.

No comments: