Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Etsy Advice





A few weeks ago, we were lucky enough to stumble into the etsy labs, while they were doing a store critique. Quite by accident, I seated myself in "critique row", and got a little store advice.

So, on the advice of the team, I am beginning to take more pics of our ACEO's. Previously, I had only scanned in and watermarked the cards, and uploaded that result as the etsy image. Today, using Marc's camera (because mine is a piece of garbage...) I began to take pics of a few. (Green Fairy, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Tattoo Girl.) Using our typical Little Scotia backround, that we used to use for ebay (a creme crochet doily on a wood table, naturally lit.) I think I easily got the result I was hoping for. Now, I'm in for quite a bit of work, currently having 30 ACEO's in our shop at Little Scotia.

The advice I received when something like this:

*Too wordy. Condense our descriptions.
*Take pics of the ACEO's, and use natural lighting instead of the flash.
*Be sure to make shipping "worldwide" on the options.
*List something everyday.

That was pretty much the gist of it, and I'm so happy I fluked into the lab.

I hope this advice has helped you in your etsy craft endeavours!

Lori.

1 comment:

Jodi Ohl said...

Hmmmm..that's very interesting advice they gave about the photos. I tend to prefer to scan my artwork rather than taking pictures of it because I feel you get so much more detail. I do like the display photo you have of your ACEO. Perhaps it's my camera or photo taking skills that could be improved upon and then maybe I might change my tune!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I just started reading some of your posts---so you and your husband are both artists?? cool :) I'll definitely stop back again!