Monday, December 30, 2013

New Calendar Year - Oh Hello, 2014.

So, Witchy New Year is Nov 1st. But, the calendar year is almost at an end, and I can't help but reflect.

Where I was last year at this time is SO very different from where I am today. I was distracted and uncertain about just about every facet of my life. I was floundering, and poking at everything. This theme of uncertainty sort of carried out for most of the year actually. To be honest, I think I've only started to feel a solid foundation under me the last few weeks. So, Yay for that.

This year I let go of some fear. Scratch that. I let go of A LOT of fear. And that opened up so many lovely things. Yes, doors closed. They closed shut tight, never again to be opened. That makes me sad. But there is learning there, too. It all happens just as it should.

I spent so much of this year wearing my own armour. Being tough and untouchable in some ways, although I made myself extremely vulnerable in other ways.

I'm being vague. I know.

I guess, after this looooong long year, I need to say I am happy and satisfied where I've landed. I feel back on my path, although it's changed COMPLETELY from what I thought it was before. We are always where we are supposed to be, I guess. But I just feel so much more solid in myself after all of the dust settled. I feel like it's safe to have purpose again. It's safe to have goals again. It's safe to ask for help again.

It's safe to look ahead again. And I'm liking what I see coming.

I'm babbling. New Year.


No comments: