Sunday, August 5, 2012

Distance Education has me Twitchy.

I get antsy. I know this about myself. I embrace it, I run with it, I laugh and dance with it... and then on to the new thing.

Again, it's down to wondering "What do I do with my life?" I've got 25 more years to 'work'... and then I end up on distance education sites...

I love the IDEA of being an administrative assistant... but not the day to day work of it. Mostly, I think I'd like to wear big hair, and look fabulous, and go to lunch.

I love the IDEA of being an Early Childhood Educator... but seriously, I swear too much.

I love the IDEA of being a librarian... but I already have a pile of adorable friends who do that, and I don't think I want them thinking I'm copying them... and I already sort of live vicariously through them... and again, I just want to wear a tight bun and red lipstick and be a hot librarian in a mini skirt. (although, I do ADORE books. I think my motivation is skewed.)

I love the IDEA of taking a writing course... but why do I need to prove to anyone that I can write? I already know I can write. It's about having the brain space to finish something - focus on it completely, without having to worry about where the money is coming from for all the bills.

I love learning, I think. It's the implementation that's difficult, I suppose.

And then I'm back to, ... so, what WILL I do with the rest of the time I have? I can't be a hippy/gypsy forever, can I? I mean, at some point it's just not going to be CUTE anymore. It's going to be impractical... I'll have to feed myself and clothe myself and ... live somewhere with no retirement fund.

This is where my brain is. Living in the moment is one thing, but then I have days like today.

Ah well.

There are things to do...

L.

No comments: