Thursday, March 31, 2016

Seven Hour Gaps.

I do this thing. I've always done it. I'm feeling like I MUST catch the reigns on it soon.

So, this morning I had an appointment at 9:45am. That took me to 10:30. I was out of the office before 11am.

My NEXT appointment isn't until 6pm.

It's currently almost 4pm as I write this. Now. Ask me what I did all day.

To be fair, I did pop into the office to change my window display from Winter to Spring, took stock of what linens I needed there. I popped into the bank. I came home and put a load of laundry on.

Other than that, I've been sitting here, in my work clothes, surfing, listening to music... and watching the clock. Waiting till it's time to leave for my next appointment.

I have always done this thing. I feel like I can't get into anything at home, because I will miss my next appointment. Even though today, there was SEVEN HOURS between appointments. A seven hour gap with nothing in my dayplanner.

I could have sewn something up. This money, for example, took me 2 hours yesterday. I could have been sewing this whole time.

But no. I managed to make a tea. To peek in the cupboards. To do a few dishes.

I have an entire work space to move into my bedroom. (This is a long story for another time.) And I am sitting here. Waiting.

What is UP with that?

The answer could easily be that I put in my dayplanner: "Sew monkeys."

I wonder if it would make a difference?

L

No comments: