Sunday, February 1, 2015

Craft and Stuff.

Sigh. I WANT a ROOM. One that is well lit and dry and spacious. One that is just MINE, to create in and display all the little curious THINGS that I have to resell. I have a collection.

There is so much crafting stuff and THINGS hidden in boxes in my dark creepy basement. My sewing machine is shoved into the back of the kitchen, and will most likely need to be moved before too long anyway. (Once the nicer weather hits, we'll all want use of the door to the back yard. Not easily accessable with my mountain of craft back there.)

I also was thinking today, about how this house will only be mine for about another 6 years or so. It's a rental, it's a social housing unit, meaning as soon as the kids are grown and gone, I'll have no need for a 3 bedroom house.

I have been here for 11 years. I basically have for all those years been WORKING on having a place of our own. Instead, we manage to just get along. Can I do what I need to do in 6 years???

Today I brought home an enormous amount of old magazines that I have plans to do some fun stuff with. They will go on a shelf in my basement.

Gods and Goddesses... help a sister out.

No comments: