Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Living in Limbo.

So, it was brought to my attention last night, that it has been nearly a year of living in limbo.

Really, September is a few months off yet... but when it was worded that it's nearly been a year.. well.. I cried. It was a quick emotional response to a few different things. But it surprised me, and I quickly tucked it away for later. You know. When there's time to cry.

It's not like I haven't DONE things this year. I feel more.. ME. More honest about who I really am. I think that's what I feel. I've learned a lot of things about myself, and those around me. It's also a really interesting feeling to know that I don't need someone to take care of me, that I'm responsible for my own sh*t, no matter what way it falls. Up until this last nearly-year happened, I always had someone to fall back on... or to blame.

I'm really appreciative of this living in limbo time. It's given me a window to figure out some stuff. Inside and out of myself.

More and more though, I'm feeling like limbo time is almost done.

There's also this business in the last few days about thinking of moving to Nova Scotia. It's filled my brain and excited possibilities, and then my cousin down there got in on the dreaming, and then people in the thrift store where I work part time kept mentioning they were from Nova Scotia or down east, without my prompting. I'm wondering what that's all about.

The phrase I kept hearing was "What are you running from?"

And here I thought I was running forward. ha!

The play is almost over. Time to get back to the business of life. MY life. And what brings me pleasure and happiness. Gardening. Creating. Momming.

Life is Good. It all works out.

L.

No comments: