Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whelmed

This morning I woke from a dream... Where I was a concubine of George Bush (I know, RIGHT?) and the CAS ripped out portions of my dream journal to build a case against me... and the pages they left they marked up in red pen, correcting my bad grammar (you know, the stuff I refer to as artistic.) There were bugs in my clean clothing and everything was out of control.

I woke up feeling completely freaked out. Entirely whelmed before I opened my eyes, trying to figure out a way to solve all of these simultaneous problems at once. Panic stricken.

I've been up for two hours now, the entire time I'm thinking about online work, diner shift tomorrow (I go in to a diner to waitress 2 days a week.), dinner for my family, my basement full of material and the summer market, my Watkins business, the play I've agreed to do, the seedlings I haven't ordered yet and will soon have to go into soil if they're to come up right, canvasses in the basement I've been dying to get at, unfolded laundry, the new house on the horizon, etsy packages to be mailed..... And it's painfully obvious to me that the dream was a signal.

I'm feeling like life is a little out of control. Ok. A lot out of control.

And I know this feeling is completely in my head. If I wrap my brain around it, in 2 minutes it'll all be back in it's place. My energy, my connection to my universe, has been momentarily shaken. I'm thrown off my universal groove, so to speak.

And I know, "Dear Goddess, it could be WORSE!" So I cannot panic. But I definately woke with the feeling of "somethings gotta give." It's possible to be whelmed by too much good?

I need to put things back into focus. Have you ever had a day like this?

I can't memorize lines if I'm distracted like this.

I think it's time to make a new priority list.

2 comments:

Andrea L. Cole said...

I've been having a similar week if it's any consolation and I don't have near on my plate what you do.

that guy said...

im always whelmed on sunday morning...at least until i have a coffee and remember that tommorow is the day I really dread...

but i have not the tasks you have on my plate!

Bruce
Bruce Johnson JADIP
Evil Twin
stupid stuff I see and hear
The Dreamodeling Guy
dreamodeling!
The Guy Book
The Guy Book